1. If the error is 1700 in Canon PIXMA iX6840, you can print for a while after turning on by clicking the Stop \ Resume button on the printer itself (the button is located under the power button on the printer)
2. If the printer refuses to print, showing error 5B00 on the computer screen and flashing the On button. And Stop \ Resume 7 times before the interruption, you must contact the service center or perform a reset yourself. We strongly recommend that you contact the workshop to fix the problem, so as not to aggravate the problem yourself.
Reset sequence for error 1700 or 5B00 in the Canon Pixma iX6840 printer:
1. Check the printer’s service mode for performance. The service mode for Canon Pixma iX6840 is started as follows:
- . Turn off the printer with the On / Off button
- .. Press the Resume \ Stop button while holding it, press the On\Off button and keep it pressed as well
- … Then release the Resume \ Stop button and press it 5 more times, then release the On\Off button
- …. The printer blinks the power-on indicator, then lights up permanently, and other indicators should not be lit.
- ….. If the indicator on the Resume \ Stop button also lights up, then most likely the printer does not have a serviceable service mode and reset using the program will not work.
2. If the service mode is correct, i.e. only the power button is lit after pressing the buttons sequentially, we get and activate the Service tool program. Canon iX6840 printer is supported starting from version 4905.
3. After launching the program, simply move the mouse button, click the SET button.
4. After, turn off and turn on the printer. Error 1700 or 5B00 will be reset and the printer will be able to continue working. The program resets only these two errors, so before proceeding with the operation, you should clearly determine that your printer has this problem.
If the service mode in the Canon PIXMA iX6840 printer is faulty the error can only be reset…
5. If after starting the Canon iX6840 printer in service mode, the power indicator does not just light up, but blinks or the Stop\Resume indicator lights up in orange, then the service mode is not working or the printer has another problem. As I wrote above, in this case, the error can be removed by replacing the main board entirely or firmware \ replacing the memory chip on the Main Board of the printer. In the photo below, I noted the chip that needs to be flashed by the programmer or changed to an already stitched one: